Fencing is an important aspect of wildlife management, especially for deer and other game species. High game fences are critical for containing wildlife within a designated area and for keeping predators and trespassers out. A key component of these fences is net wire, a robust and flexible fencing material that ensures both the safety of the animals and the integrity of the enclosure. Let’s explore the importance of high game fences in Texas for deer management and how to find the right company for high fencing for deer.
High Game Fences for Deer
High game fences, often ranging from 8 to 10 feet in height, are specifically designed to manage deer populations. These fences serve multiple purposes: they prevent deer from wandering into unsafe areas, reduce the risk of vehicular accidents, and help manage the health and genetics of deer herds. The use of net wire in these fences adds an extra layer of security and durability, making it difficult for deer to escape and for predators to enter.
Steps for Installing Net Wire on a High Game Fence
1. Planning and Preparation: Before installation, it’s important to plan the layout of the fence. Determine the total length, gate placements, and corner configurations. Acquire all necessary materials, including net wire rolls, fence posts, staples, and tools.
2. Setting Fence Posts: Install fence posts, ensuring they are deeply anchored and properly aligned. The distance between posts should be consistent, ideally around 8 to 10 feet apart, providing sufficient support for the net wire.
3. Unrolling the Net Wire: Carefully unroll the net wire along the length of the fence line. It’s advisable to have assistance during this step to handle the heavy and unwieldy wire rolls.
5. Attaching the Wire to Posts: Start at a corner post and securely attach the net wire using fencing staples or wire ties. Ensure the wire is taut and evenly pulled to avoid sagging.
6. Joining Wire Sections: If your fence is longer than one roll of wire, you’ll need to join sections. Overlap the ends of the wires by at least one full square and securely tie them together.
7. Securing the Bottom Edge: The bottom edge of the net wire should be securely anchored to the ground. This can be done by burying a portion of the wire or attaching it to a bottom board to prevent animals from crawling underneath.
8. Final Inspection and Adjustments: Once the net wire is installed, walk the fence line to inspect and make any necessary adjustments. Ensure the wire is evenly tensioned and properly secured to each post.
Contact LE Fence Company for High Fencing for Deer and Other Ranch Fence Solutions
If you need professional assistance or advice on high game fences in Texas, LE Fence Company can help with any type of project. With expertise in wildlife management and fence installation, we offer a range of solutions for ranch fencing needs. Whether it’s for deer management or other ranch applications, our team can provide the knowledge, materials, and services to create effective and durable high game fences. Contact us to learn more about our high fencing for deer and request a quote.